Surveys which are reported to the NPDs reporting system for surveys on the Norwegian shelf.
The geographical areas shown are planned areas, which do not necessarily correspond to the actual areas.
This includes the following survey types:
- Conventional seismic survey
- Seabed seismic survey
- Electromagnetic survey
- Drilling site survey
- Soil surveys
For a more detailed explanation, see the reporting system under "Classification".
The surveys can have the following status:
- Pending reported by responsible company and updated in the NPDs databases. Pending procedures in the NPD, Directorate of Fisheries, Armed Forces and Institute of Marine Research.
- Planned procedures completed in the NPD, Directorate of Fisheries, Armed Forces and Institute of Marine Research. Start-up will take place according to planned start date.
- Ongoing survey is ongoing.
- Pause survey has, for various reasons, been temporarily halted, e.g. due to weather, boat, etc.
- Finished survey is finished, and final report sent to the NPD.
- Cancelled for various reasons, the survey was never started.
The surveys are also divided into categories (see menu on left).
The categories are:
Prior to 1.1.2009:
- Seismic surveys - a sonic source is used
- Electromagnetic surveys - a electromagnetic source is used
- Other surveys - surveys in none of the above categories
Surveys carried out before the NPDs current reporting system for planned surveys was established.
Geographical areas are not included and link to a map is therefore not available.
The seismic data acquired is not available here.